Our expert answers some key questions about motorcycle oils and your bike. Select the questions on the right to hear the answers.
What does ‘deposit’ mean?
Deposits are a by-product of combustion and are usually carbon formation on components such as pistons. Over time this can lead to issues such as lack of compression.
- Can I use a car engine oil in a motorcycle?
- …and what if I have a dry clutch?
- What is the function of engine oil in a motorcycle?
- What are the most critical areas where the oil flows?
- What’s the function of the oil filter?
- Can an engine oil improve performance or is it only for engine protection?
- Why do some OEM’s recommend low viscosity oil?
- What does a MotoGP engine use as oil?
- Can I use the same oil at extreme external temperatures?
- Can I use a track day oil for road driving?
- What does ‘deposit’ mean?
- What effect can a very thick oil have on the engine/gearbox/clutch?